Monday, March 10, 2014

The Lord's Prayer.

This is my take on The Lord's Prayer and what it means or what I think it means to me. 
*************************************
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.
We need to acknowledge that God is our Father in heaven and his name should be held in high regard. Hallowed means:   holy, consecrated or sacred, revered. We shouldn't use the Lord's name in an empty manner. 
Thy kingdom come.Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
We should pray for his kingdom to return and be ready for his kingdom to return.  We should pray for God's will to be done. Many times we pray "God, Help me" when we should be praying "God take this from me and your will be done in this matter". His will is done in heaven, he is in charge of heaven
Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
Make sure we get fed today and forgive us when we are in the wrong
as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation,
     but deliver us from evil,
that we can forgive those who do wrong toward us.  Direct my life in such a way to not be tempted and give me the ability to use my brains to NOTICE when I'm stepping into a situation that might tempt me. 
 For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever.
And again we acknowledge the Hallowed and glorious nature of God and we remember that his kingdom and power is forever
Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I like this broken down as it is. It helps!
    Much Love,
    Randi

    ReplyDelete