Saturday, January 31, 2015

Tomorrow

Tomorrow, my Dad will have been gone a month.  Heaven gained a voice in the choir and I've lost a life rudder.  I feel disconnected in a strange sort of way when it comes to my Dad passing on.

Do I miss him? Yes. more than I thought I would. One moment I'm happy and well adjusted about Dad dying and in the next moment I'm a bit sad. The sadness seems to hit me at odd times. His words have jumped in my mind a million different times in the last month.  Sometimes in the middle of the night while Randi and the dogs are asleep and Sometimes a sudden thought during my day, not that it is a bad thing.  I'm going to have to come to grips with the fact that going forward with my life, I will always miss my Dad.

I have a million different memories of Dad. Good and bad, happy and sad.  The wise words he said to me as a teenager and conversations we had while we were both adults.  The laughs we shared, right up to the very end will make me happy for years to come.

Dad, I hope your trip has eased your pain, quieted your suffering and restored you to better than your former glory.

I miss you and I always will.
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment