Monday, March 25, 2013

Thoughts

I'm a Republican.  I don't often let that information out in public because I believe it is a very private matter most of the time but I feel a need to distance myself from the National Republican Party.  I'm not sure why the National Republican Party has decided to come out so strongly against the common people and are SO against anything they don't agree with or that isn't on their agenda.

What happened to doing what is right for the people of this great country? It got lost some place along the way towards big congressional salaries,  lobbyist and special interest groups.  What about the special interest group talked about in the Constitution, "WE THE PEOPLE"?

To turn this right in my mind, I looked toward The Bible, Matthew, Chapter 18, Verse 15.
15 “If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over.
16 But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’

17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.
18 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.

20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”
Speaking about the faults of groups The Republican Party disagree with and airing their disagreements in the 24 hour news cycle or on a syndicated Republican talk show is a far cry from taking two or three people along in private to  point on what and why they think a person or group is at fault.  

I've always thought, you can't break someone's arm behind their back and MAKE them believe what you believe or see things the way you see them. 

My Dad being in A.A., he used to say "You might be the only copy of the Big Book (The history of A.A.) an alcoholic might see" and I take it one step further. "Live in a manner that others can see The Bible in you. You might be the only copy of The Bible they might see." Some days this works for me, other days not so much...
None of us is perfect and none of us is without sin.  If any of us stood with a stone in our hand by the harlot Jesus protected from the mob, None of us could cast a stone.


We are all PEOPLE, first and foremost. We all share this planet.  We might not all agree but we have to live around each other

J.






3 comments:

  1. Well said...of course, it's hard to say The Bible got it wrong!
    Fantastic ACK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. J, we find that it isn't only the Republican party who treats anyone or group in the manner you are speaking of in your blog. The Democratic party does this continually. I oppose both parties at the moment. We are so far gone.... this Biblical act you have so well written of on your blog regarding opposition or sin is our instruction from our Lord; however, the sin and pride in the hearts of man blinds them to the truth. I fear we are so far gone in our sins and trespasses that the only solution is to allow us to destroy each other. Jesus is coming soon.... the book of Revelation points us right to that.... are you ready? Thank you for sharing your thoughts.... may God use this blog to "turn" us all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul and Lori, I'm no fan of either party but I had to write from the only point of view I have and I am a registered Republican but I have voted for a lot more people from other parties on the state level in the last 5 or 6 elections. I truly understand how you both feel and I too feel you would have to be blind not to see these are the end days. I've never been a fan of the "WWJD" campaign but I know that Jesus would love the people involved no matter the sin involved. We have many examples of this over and over in the New Testament. Being raised Baptist, I never understood "turn or burn" preaching. If we serve such a loving God and his son, Jesus, love should be our primary point of outreach, for if it wasn't for God's love for us will would all be in sin. Thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete