Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Chronic 7/18/2012

chron·ic

adjective

1.constant; habitual; inveterate: a chronic liar.
2.continuing a long time or recurring frequently: a chronic state of civil war.
3.having long had a disease, habit, weakness, or the like: a chronic invalid.
4.(of a disease) having long duration ( opposed to acute). 
 
That definition is a bit negative....I have tried to think of a few more positive things that are chronic (to me)

Children: Children are chronic in that they have a long duration. They will always be your kids and you will always be their parent.....during those awkward teenage year you might WISH you weren't their parent but, thankfully, the teen years pass quickly.

Grandkids.  Kids of our kids, yet another long duration happening in our lives. I've heard more than one person say "I wish I would have had my grandkids FIRST....".....The invention of time travel might one day cause this to happen.  You never can tell.

Dogs and Cats:  Our four footed, adopted children should require lots of thought because they are going to take a long duration of time in your life.  They will, just like Children and Grandchildren, steal a large part of our hearts over the years.  They will slowly wrap around your heart, like a cats tail wraps around your leg as they rub by you.

Friends:  Thanks to the wonder of Facebook...(Facebook will sometimes make one wonder why they post all that private stuff in public...DOH!)  I have been reunited with many friends from High School. I'm not sure how I lived without them for so long. Without realizing it, I've become better friends with some people from High School than I was when we walked the halls of Holston High School. It has been a great blessing for me, more than those people might realize....

Those chronic things in our life are not always bad...at least I don't think so....

J.

4 comments:

  1. Good ACK! And, as a nurse, you're right, I think of chronic, as something bad, something someone has had for a long time, and will have, most likely forever. But, like you said, those are kids, grandkids, and hopefully we will have at least one 4 footed "child" with us at all times! There is such a thing as a "good chronic"! You, for example!!
    Love ya,
    R.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *blushing*....Gosh...twern't nothing dear.

      Love you! :-)

      Delete