Monday, July 8, 2013

UPDATE: Sometimes you read something that lets you know your life is doing Okay. This was one of those time.

UPDATE:
We have received information from Stephanie MacMurray and she has found a way to get to her son's home for his funeral. I don't have much more information than that at this time. I will update this post as more information is given to Randi and I.

I follow a group on Facebook that is dedicated to PTSD (Post traumatic stress disorder) and a woman had posted:
Status Update
By PTSD
Hello, my name is Stephanie MacMurray, my son is (was) a Marine vet who struggled desperately with Ptsd for years. It won..... My son shot and killed himself this past Tuesday. Please forgive my bluntness, but I have come to a point to where I don't know how else to state it. The purpose of my contacting you is purely selfish, we are burying my son this coming Saturday (possibly due to holiday delays) and I do not have the funds to go home. Two of my son's have served their country, and I always believed when told "We are family and we take care of our own", yeah well that was a lie. I have been turned down by every vet organization so far because he was no longer active. I just want to go home and bury my child! If there is anyone you can put me in touch with, any possible way your group can help or whatever, we would be grateful for the help. This is my cell..... 503-836-2037..... Anyone can contact me at ANYTIME. I have proof of death when asked for.

Stay blessed and strong.

Stephanie MacMurray.
After reading that, my problems weren't that big any more. I just had a hangnail when compared to this person.  I cried, I wrote my Preacher and I just wanted to beat my fist against the wall that "the system" had failed this woman.

Randi and I are both wracking our brains trying to share this with someone or some group that might be able to help.

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment