Thursday, October 3, 2013

This is a first for me

I'm not young by any streach, however, my wife would tell you I'm still a spring chicken....I've always been a news hound and always had one ear tilted toward politics. While I was in the military, I was VERY interested in the news and politics because the actions of those in Washington D.C. could very well effect my life in the short term.  When I left for the Gulf War, one day I was on the golf course and in less than 48 hours, I was walking away from a C-5 Aircraft on the ramp at an air base in the U.A.E. 

It would seem from everything I've seen about the government shutdown, 72% of the people DON'T WANT the government shutdown over the Affordable Care Act.  The business of the government is being held up by sour grapes from the House and its republican majority.  I really don't see how they can keep saying that the President won't negoiate about the government shutdown due to a LAW that has already been passed and signed by the President and upheld by the Suprime Court.    This is not a House Bill we are talking about this an ALREADY PASSED LAW....  

The House in its own dysfunctional way has voted around 40 times for bills that DEFUND the Affordable Care Act and those bills are NEVER taken up by the Senate and would be vetoed by the President if it ever did make it out of the House chambers. I would wonder just what The House could have accomplished if they had concentrated on what was good for the " life liberty and the persuit of happiness " of the people of this country

This country is a Democracy. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. This is the way democracy SHOULD work.  

I have never ever before this seen one house of congress hold out against a LAW before they allow the government to be funded.  

Romans 13 says a great deal about leadership: 
"13 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. 4 For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil. 5 Therefore you must be subject, not only because of wrath but also for conscience’ sake. 6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God’s ministers attending continually to this very thing. 7 Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor."

You might not like who is in charge in the country BUT God is in charge and he has allowed them to be in charge. 

You might not agree with me and I encourage you to disagree with me if you feel so lead to do so.

There is a great deal of MIS-Information in this information age.  Don't just take anyone's word about the problems in this world.  Open your mind and research for yourself.  

The country became great because of our differences but is now being torn apart because of our differences.  

It is truly a sad day and we need to pray for the leadership in this country.  

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment