Saturday, March 22, 2014

Ski by faith, not by sight

On March 16, 2014, I woke up early and caught some of the last day of the 2014 Paralympics from Sochi Russia. They were doing alpine skiing with people who had lost a limb or were paralyzed below the waist.  I was half watching and half sleeping. Then I heard them say "When we come back, we will start with the visually impaired alpine skiing"..... Ok, NOW I'm interested. Just how do they pull this off? Skiing is hard enough when you have your sight but I really didn't have a thought about how you ski when visually impaired.

The video above shows the rules and how they make alpine skiing for the visually impaired person work.

I was blown away watching the skiing that morning. The last (fastest) person to ski gained 3 + seconds on the previous fastest time. Wow...I was in awe!

Watching this made me think about our walk with God.  It reminded me of Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. The people skiing HAD to rely on the guide skier to make it through the course.  We sometimes can't see where God is taking us and the pitfalls it might hold but we have to trust our faith and have our lives in God's will.  

As 2 Corinthians 5:7 says For we walk by faith, not by sight.

We would be lost without our life guide, Jesus Christ.

J. 

1 comment:

  1. It doesn't look easy, but all things can be done with faith. It would take faith in your guide and your God to accomplish this.
    Randi

    ReplyDelete