Sunday, April 20, 2014

Lent 2014.

Within the last year, we, Randi and I, have joined the Church.  We haven't been there every time the doors opened but we have tried support our Church where and when we could.  It has been a good thing for both of us.

When Ash Wednesday came around Randi and I spoke about giving something up for the season of Lent.  To say I have a softdrink habit is putting it mildly.  I'm USDA 100% hooked on soft drinks OR I was Hooked on soft drinks. With the help of The Good Lord, I have been soft drink free for 40+ days.  I'm pretty happy about that and how that turned out.

I've never been in a Church that was big on Lent, so all this was new to me.  I never really thought much about it and how it fit into my walk with The Lord, however, I felt I had to support my wife if she wanted to give up something for Lent.  It has been an interesting month and 10+ days.  The thought of a soda has crossed my mind a few times but I always tried to redirect my thoughts to water or tea (hot or cold).  I can honestly say I feel better and I'm 100% less bloated after a meal.  When we started this, I said if I didn't drink a softdrink for 40 days I wouldn't pick one back up again.   This experience has made me think of what else I need out of my diet that truly does me no good on a daily basis.  Ranch dressing pops to mind as I eat Ranch dressing on a lot of things, usually as a substitute for mayonnaise.

I can truly say the experience has been a good one for Randi and I and I can also say going to Church again has also been a good experience for us. It has been good to have a Church family, as we have no family related to either of us in the local area.

I must say "Thank you Lord" for the help and support and I'm thankful for the help and support of a dedicated spouse.

J.  

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it funny how we will give something up as a sacrifice and it turns out to be a blessing? I am happy that you were faithful to your commitment. I also hope that God continues to bless you both in your daily walk with Him.

    ReplyDelete