Monday, April 28, 2014

Do we need to beg God for our needs?

Sometimes as fretful humans we get things on our minds and just can't let those things go.  In our prayers we mention the same problems or concerns.  Will a long often repeated prayer get The Lord's attention more than a short prayer?
Matthew 6 has a great deal to say about prayer:
5And when you pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6But you, when you pray, enter into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret shall reward you openly. 7But when you pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8Be not therefore like them: for your Father knows what things you have need of, before you ask him.  

I'm guilty of being a worry wart. No one worries more than I do.  Rather than praying for/about the things I'm worried about, I sometime will admit to saying very short prayers asking for God's will being done rather than a great jumble of words about all the topics I'm worried about....  I don't dwell on my concerns and yet I feel like I've also prayed about my concerns. Win-Win if you ask me.  
Sometimes trying NOT to think about a problem will make you think about it more than you normally would...

The Lord has been good to me...today and everyday
J. 


No comments:

Post a Comment