Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Daily ACK 12/13/2011 Rhythm

ACK! My life is in a bit of a twist right now. For one, I'm up at midnight writing this, which means I'm not sleeping when I should be....

My lovely wife, Randi, is in Minnesota with her sister, Robbie. Seems Robbie's husband, Eddie, fell on the front walk of their house and broke his right arm and gave himself a good whack to the head. The day I looked at Randi and told her to go help her sister, Eddie wasn't doing so good.  He had been operated on for a perforated bowl. The Doctors said he would be lucky to make it to 7:00am the next morning.. Talk about ACK!  Seems Eddie did make it to the next day and seems to be turning toward getting well.  All of this is good news. Randi still went to Minnesota with my blessing.

The day I dropped Randi off at the airport, I drove to a remote site to install some network equipment. When I got to the site and connected everything, I found a fiber connection between two buildings didn't work. Repairing fiber is a special thing that I can't do. I had to tell the people I was working for that I couldn't do what I came to do because of a broken piece of fiber....ACK! I had to get back in the car and go back to the main office. At the office we changed out our firewalls. The guys that stayed at work till the firewalls were replaced were at it until 3:00am! I left at 10:30pm because I had two dogs, Dylan and Sophie, at home with no one there to let them out!

I fell in bed about 11:00pm but they called me from work until about 2:30am. My Saturday was SHOT! It took until 1:00pm before I got moving good. Then Sunday morning, I realized that I forgot my Saturday night meds....Randi being gone threw off the rhythm of my day. I don't blame my goof on my wife being gone BUT you must realize her being gone is like losing my right arm.  You sometimes don't realize how your life and her life fits together in a million small ways until they are missing.

Here lately I've told Randi in every way I know how that she means the world to me.  That wonderful woman feels just right in my hands, close to me.  I like her more than just a little bit. Is our marriage perfect? No...but it is very good most days.  I think I finally calmed down and got it in my thick skull that she isn't going anyplace.

We are a bunch of "yours, mine and ours" we each bring something different to this relationship but it all melts together into a team. I'm pretty happy with US, even with her being so far away.

Sunday, the day she comes back home, can't come fast enough. I miss her.

J.


2 comments:

  1. Johnny, that was a very sweet ack! I miss you too and Sunday is on its way. Spending time with Robbie and Eddie has been special and I know she appreciates the support, sometimes a phone call just isn't the same, we both know that!
    Love and miss you
    R.

    ReplyDelete