Monday, December 26, 2011

The Daily ACK 12/26/2011 Febreze Experiment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlw-ypNat7Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=s1bOm4KfLlU 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FrSsKtVjt8&feature=related

ACK! Febreze has a bunch of  TV ads that show blindfolded people going to a nasty smelly place that has been sprayed by Febreze. The people in the blindfold talk about how good it smells or the smells they are smelling. They take their blindfolds off and are surprised by how nasty the area really is because they couldn't smell the true smells because Febreze is SOOOO good!   I CALL BULL$#!+

I was born on a day but I wasn't born YESTERDAY! Forgive my strong language but I just don't believe Febreze is that good of a product. I don't believe those ads at all true. Even Randi, who is quiet as a mouse, doesn't believe those ads are true.

If I took my blindfold off and saw such a nasty place, I would gag!  Bad smells bother me to no end. Walking into a dirty bathroom just turns my gut over. ACK!

Speaking of truth in advertising....I'm also opposed to the use of blue fluid in diaper ads. Why not yellow or brown fluid? I didn't say it would be any less gross, but it would be more truthful. If you found blue fluid in your child's diaper you would flip! I'm also not crazy about ads for female needs. Not that there is anything wrong with having an ad for such needs but the whole "Have a happy period" is just going a little too far.

I would guess being named after a female hygiene product has warped me a good bit...*twitch*

Ok, I'm off my soapbox!
Happy Day after Christmas! 

J.

2 comments:

  1. Dov and I are always joking about the old Midol commercial where you see the woman riding a horse because she took Midol. Couldn't find it on youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that ad! It makes me wonder who are the goof balls that think this CRAP up?

    ReplyDelete