Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Daily ACK 6/16/2009


ACK!

My wife, Randi, is on a 3 day on, four day off diet. When I needed to go on a diet a few years ago, Randi was right there with me going on a diet. I see no reason not to go on a diet with my wife when she wants to go on a diet. Yesterday's breakfast was a tablespoon of peanut butter and a piece of toast. I haven't ever been a big peanut butter fan. I didn't think one tablespoon of peanut butter was any big deal but it took me almost 45 minutes to get over that feeling that my insides were sticking together! ACK....

The dogs are good. We are trying to get them to sit and stay when the back door is opened and they are doing it OK...but just not great yet. I know they will get it, Dylan and Sophie are both smart dogs.

My biggest ACK of the morning is to advise ANYONE getting a C.A.R.S. (complete automotive repair service) warranty with a used car they buy. DON'T! it is just that simple. DON'T!
I got my 2002 Ford Focus ZTW back from the repair shop and we got the final bill yesterday. On an $2400 rebuild/repair, they (CARS) would only cover for a used transmission and the labor to remove and replace a used transmission or in plain english $640. I have a $100 deductible on that warranty so they are only coughing up $540 against a $2400 repair!....Double ACK! I was a mechanic before I was a computer technician and I can tell you that a used transmission is a crap shoot at best. It might work and it might not. I would have NEVER let them put a used transmission in my beautiful little car. When told that used transmissions in our area go for $750 they said they would get the transmission for $400 and that would be the transmission that would be put in the car. HORSE CRAP!
I have already written the BBB of western PA, (where CARS does business from). They won't even pay for the fluid to go back into the transmission that you NEED for the car to run!! Any reasonable person would realize that you need this fluid and you can't run the car without it! This is crooked as a dogs hind leg. A pox on people that try to rip other people off!



I'll keep all my interested readers posted about how this turns out.

Ok....I'm off like a herd of turtles!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for going on the silly diet with me.....(even if you might eat NOT what I do at lunch....you don't need to diet like I do)

    Love you,

    Randi (or it might show up "MOM"

    ReplyDelete