Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Daily ACK 6/24/2009

ACK!

Music....seems all of us like music of some sort. My wife Randi like music from musicals, Donna Berry, who I went to High School with likes country. Tina, who I work with, is a fan of 80's rock. I'm a classic rock fan.

I'm a fan of the rock group RUSH. One song touches home with me and has for along time. A song called "Working Man"

**********************************
Working Man by Rush (from their very first album in the late 70's)
Words and music by geddy lee and alex lifeson

I get up at seven, yes
And I go to work at nine
I got no time for livin, yes
I'm workin all the time

It seems to me
I could live my life
A lot better than I think I am
I guess thats why they call me
They call me the workin man

They call me the workin man
I guess thats what I am

I get home at five oclock
And I take myself out a nice, cold beer
Always seem to be wondrin
Why theres nothin goin down here

It seems to me
I could live my life
A lot better than I think I am
I guess thats why they call me
They call me the workin man

They call me the workin man
I guess thats what I am

Well they call me the workin man
I guess thats what I am

*********************************
I like any music that talks the human condition and real life feelings.

Another thing I like is musical comedy. Weird Al type of comedy. I like Pinkard and Bowden. A comedy singing duo that are no longer playing together but I have a few of their songs around here. Song like:
"Blue hair's driving in my lane" (Blue eyes crying in the rain)[Willie Nelson]
"She thinks I steal cars" (She thinks I still care) [a very old country song by George Jones]

I also like Rodney Carrington. He is a bit dirty and not something the kids can listen to but he is funny as hell. He has one song "If you play your cards wrong you can take me home tonight"

****************************
if you play your cards wrong
you can take me home tonight
you've got all the makings
of my future ex-wife
i've got 3 bucks
my credit sucks
and my future don't look to bright
if you play your cards wrong
you can take me home tonight

***************************************

I can't put any more of the words to that one up...I might offend someone.....

I also like blues like Stevie Ray Vaughn or George Thurogood.

I also like live CD's much better than studio one's. Just something about live music that I like....

I sometimes l think life should come with background music...

Ok...I'm all ACKed out.....

No comments:

Post a Comment